Covered by Ontario’s official source on all things transfer – ONTransfer.ca
#1. WHAT IS ONTransfer.ca?
It’s a free website where you can check what courses and programs will transfer among Ontario’s 45 public colleges and universities. It is developed and maintained by ONCAT, funded by the Government of Ontario.
#2. AM I A TRANSFER STUDENT?
Yes, if you’ve completed course, some courses, or an entire program at one institution, and want to continue your education at another! Every direction of transfer counts.
#3. WHY DO STUDENT TRANSFER?
There are lots of reasons. The most common are:
- Wish to switch programs
- Institution isn’t the right fit
- Want additional postsecondary studies
- Personal circumstances
#4. WHERE CAN I GO? – College? University? Or Both?
In a program and thinking of changing schools? Continue your program at another university/college and take your credits with you. Search the Course Transfer Guide to find your courses.
In high school and thinking about postsecondary? See how you can tailor your education by combining college and university studies. Search the Program Transfer Guide to find your path.
#5. WHAT ARE MY NEXT STEPS?
- Visit ONTransfer.ca to identify what programs and/or courses you may be able to transfer.
- Transfer advisors are there to help. Talk to a transfer advisor about what credit you can receive and if the institution is the right fit for you. To find the transfer advisor at your institution of choice, check out our website.
- Consider factors that can affect your transfer, such as: course grade, when you took the course, and where you took most of your courses. In some instances, you may need your course outlines to transfer – check with the institution to find out what documents you will need.
- Apply to the college or university you want to go to.
For more information on how to transfer or if you have any other questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.